Warranty and Returns
eWay Cycles Warranty Policy
Each new Spectrum Series bike comes with a manufacturer’s warranty for the original retail purchaser. This warranty provides each original retail purchaser of a Spectrum electric bike with a warranty against manufacturer's defects. The warranty claim is directed at the respective location of purchase.
Warranty claims only exist for initial faults that were already present at the time of handover. eWay Cycles grants a 90-day guarantee for manufacturing defects resulting in the failure of the frame, fork, and electronics. This includes the battery, motor, controller, display, and sensors. The Spectrum Series is intended for use on paved road only.
If your product is shipped to you and arrives damaged, please contact us directly by e-mail within 3 working days from the date of delivery. Please note that any damage caused by shipping is not covered by any warranty, however a claim may be filed with the shipping company.
This warranty, which goes beyond the requirements of statutory legislation for defect liability, will only apply if the following points are met:
• If you are the original and first owner of the bike (warranty is not transferable in the case of a re-sale)
• If bicycle has followed all intended use purposes
• If the electronics have been repaired or modified.
• If the bike was assembled by a certified E-Bike specialist or Bicycle Dealer
All disassembly and shipping costs incurred will be the sole responsibility of the owner. This warranty is only valid for the first buyer. Any other remedy, such as compensation or loss of use, is excluded. The warranty period cannot be extended by granting an additional warranty.
WARRANTY AND EXCLUSIONS
This is a warranty covering manufacturing defects and does not apply to normal wear and tear, including wear of tires, hand grips, brake pads and scratches to the frame and/or seat. This warranty applies only to products manufactured and sold by eWay Cycles.
• The conditions of the present warranty will apply only if the bike is bought within North America and remains there. No vendor or distributor may change the terms of this warranty unless the vendor or distributor replaces the eWay Cycles warranty terms with its own warranty terms on the company’s letterhead. This warranty does not cover:
• Normal wear and tear
• Damage or failure from abuse, neglect, misuse, or accident
• Damage from off-road or stunt riding, ramp jumping, acrobatics or similar activities or any activity that is not consistent with the intended use of the bike.
• Damages resulting from improper charging of the battery pack or use of any charger not supplied by eWay Cycles.
• Installation of any 3rd party parts, accessories, or electrical components.
• Any components that have been modified or tampered with, including but not limited to tires, brake pads, chains, lights, motors, battery packs, displays, controllers, etc.
• All warranties are void if the bike is used for any purpose other than the reasonable intended use of the bike as described in “Intended Use” section
• Additionally, this warranty does not cover damage associated with commercial use or rental operations.
• If electrical parts have been repaired or modified by a person not authorized by eWay Cycles, all warranties are voided.
• Lost or damaged keys are not covered under warranty.
INFORMATION ON WEAR AND TEAR
Some components of your bike are subject to wear owing to their function. The extent of wear depends on the care, maintenance and nature of the use of your Spectrum (mileage, riding in rain, dirt, salt, etc.).
Bikes that are often left outside can also be subject to increased wear due to weathering. The parts must be replaced once they reach their wear limit. This includes but is not limited to:
• the drive chain or toothed belt
• the brake cables
• the rubber hand grips
• the sprockets, pinions or toothed belt discs
• the gear cables
• the tires
• the saddle cover
• the brake pads
• the rims or brake discs
The brake pads and disks are subject to wear owing to their function. Check the condition of the pads regularly and, if necessary, have them replaced by a specialist dealer. Brake discs also wear out. Regularly have the thickness of the brake discs checked as part of inspection and replace the components, if necessary.
Replacing these parts due to wear, is not subject to the statutory warranty. Environmental factors cause wear on these moving parts. These areas must be regularly cleaned and maintained.
Depending on the operating conditions, it cannot be ruled out that parts will have to be replaced due to wear (e.g. if bearing play starts to occur). You must contact your dealer before arranging repairs in order to ensure the quickest and most cost-effective way to deal with your issue.
Shipping and disassembly instructions from eWay Cycles must be followed. Otherwise warranty service will not be provided. Failure to comply with the assembly specifications and inspection intervals can void the warranty and liability for defects.
We stand by the quality of our products and do not accept returns on used or opened items.
Orders cancelled after the item has shipped are subject to all standard return policies. You must accept delivery and ship the item back to the correct address. If delivery of an item is refused, return shipping costs are deducted from the issued credit and a 25% restocking fee (minimum $25) will apply. Second-Day and Next-Day shipping costs will not be credited if delivery is refused.
Orders cancelled prior to shipping are subject to a $200 cancellation and restocking fee.
FREIGHT DAMAGE POLICY
If your product is shipped to you and arrives damaged, please contact us directly by email within 3 business days from the date of delivery. Please note that any damage caused by shipping is not covered by any warranty.
For all inquiries on warranty and returns, please contact us at: